TV AWESOMENESS!!

I know I just blogged yesterday, but there's a certain need to blog again...


IT'S CALLED A SAMSUNG 46 INCH LCD HDTV!!!!!


It is just... breathtaking... be in awe of my techy-ness!


Now to the good part... the delivery. I was sitting at work thinking I can't wait until 4pm so I can go home and wait for my luscious TV.


My phone rings....

Me: Hello.
Delivery Man: Hi, is Chrysteen there? (that's not my real name, but he butchered it something fierce)
Me: Speaking.
Delivery Man: Hi, dis is da Geek Squad? I'm just callin to let you know I'll deliva at 1 dis afternoon.
Me: Umm... when I set up for delivery, I said I worked until 4, so they scheduled me from 4-8.
Delivery Man: Well, I don't know nothin about that, I'm gonna be at your house in 20 minutes. Is dere anyone dere to open da door?
Me: *looks at the clock - it's 12:40* No... that's why I had it delivered. I can't pick the TV up by myself, that's why I scheduled in the first place.
Delivery Man: Oh... well let me call somebody and we can deliva dis anotha night.
Me: *has a mini heart attack* NO! I'll be there at 1pm.
Delivery Man: You sure?
Me: Yes. I will be there *eyes supervisor's activities to gauge his mood*
Delivery Man: Okay, if I get dere before you, I wait.
Me: (in my head) OF COURSE YOU WILL, YOU HAVE MY TV, JERK!


So, after lamenting to my supervisor, I go home, open the windows in my car because my car is insanely hot and meet him at my house. He takes out the dolly for the TV, rolls it over to the front door and more fun begins...


Delivery Man: *eyes the flight and a half of stairs* You know, I'm just gonna drag dis up the stairs. It ain't dat heavy.
Me: Umm.. okay... let me go open the door.. (in my head) I'm mentally kicking myself for getting delivery, I could have dragged it up the damned stairs...
Delivery Man: I'll follow *my TV box goes thumping up the stairs as he follows me and I wince every step*


After we civilly talk about the mix-up in time, he helps me move my old TV onto the floor and sets up the new one. When he sees I have HDMI cables for the PS3 and XBOX 360, he immediately rips those open and sets them up for me... I'm not as angry about the stairs anymore, but if the Samsung doesn't turn on, there will be hell to pay. Specifically $1300. That includes the TV, tax and delivery fee. At one point he actually asks me why I didn't get the TV from the Best Buy across the plaza. Then I tell him that I did order it from there, I just couldn't get the damned thing up the stairs because I am human, not a gorilla. However, after watching him drag it, I should have tried myself. Lesson Learned.


So, we finally get everything the way I want it. Then he puts the batteries into my remote and this follows:


Me: Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure I can take it from here.
Delivery Man: Well, dis is how you set up your X game and PS2... I'll name the PS2 to Blu-ray and da X game to Game so you can tell da difference.
Me: *cringes at what he calls my consoles* Thanks, that will be very helpful. I think I'm good now.
Delivery Man: Well, here's your remote for your cable. You can control everything from here, but only if you press da TV button. See how nothin happens when I press da AUX button? To exit da main menu, just press da volume down button. You can switch to your X game by pressin da Input button, only after you press da TV button.
Me: (in my head) He must think I'm dumb. Or mentally retarded. Or any combination thereof.
Delivery Man: Now about da screen size... Dere's a button dat says "Screen Size", just push dat button if you don't wanna watch stretched picture.  
Me: Yea, thanks, I know about aspect ratios.
Delivery Man: Oh, do you want me to take da big box it came in?
Me: No, I'm going to keep that in case I move out of here.
Delivery Man: Oh... dat's a really good idea! Huh...
Me: Well, thanks for everything, I have to get back to work now...
Delivery Man: Oh you're welcome, enjoy da TV!
Me: (under my breath) I sure will... while I'm at work... *mental scream*


So, as I lock up and leave to return to work, I notice that it's dark outside... it has torrential downpoured on everything during the 30 minutes I was in my apartment... And my car windows were open... I suck it up, put the cat blanket on my seat (I'd rather have a furry butt than a wet one) and drive back to work. After trying to get as much water as I could off the inside of my car doors, I walk back into work. Once my supervisor sees me, he laughs at my disgruntled appearance and says "So what happened?".


Needless to say, I'll be calling Best Buy later to see if I can get a free delivery due to the time mix-up, which my loverly boyfriend and his father suggested. Or who knows, maybe I won't get a refund but I'll feel better by yelling at someone at Best Buy :D


Now, when I go home, I'll get to watch Avatar on Blu-ray on my awesome awesome TV and I'll forget all this nonsense ever happened... HAH.


Technology Tip of the Day:


Do your research before jumping into buying the newest thing out there, especially for phones. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want the new iPhone 4, but check out the Andriod's new 2.2 FroYo software. The competition is important because you don't want to be disappointed if you wanted one functionality and you could have gotten everything you wanted with a different phone. Don't listen to the hype, make your own informed decision. Aside from paying HUGE fees, you're stuck with your phone until 2 years is up. So do the research! You'll be happy with yourself in the end. (Just to be clear, I will get the iPhone 4, it's just a matter of time...)

No Response to "TV AWESOMENESS!!"

Post a Comment